2016 is a groundbreaking year for the Research & Development Tax Credit. With so many new taxpayer favorable changes to the regulations, Ohio CPA’s and tax practitioners need to be aware of the new opportunity awaiting their clients, as well as the areas of risk associated with claiming it.
Beginning May 19, Tax Credits Group (TCG) President Michael Krajcer and Managing Director Bethany Jones-Worner will be speaking on this topic at several of the upcoming Ohio Society of CPAs 2016 spring shows.
In the session titled “The “Path” Forward: What you need to know about a permanent R&D Credit” Krajcer and Jones-Worner will provide attendees with insight on the following topics:
- An examination of the new R&D Tax Credit PATH Act provisions
- An understanding of the risks associated with claiming the credit, including which new areas the IRS will scrutinize
- And how CPAs and tax practitioners can help their clients properly plan for a permanent credit
Ohio CPAs, CFOs, accountants and other tax practitioners interested in learning more about the newly permanent R&D Tax Credit can catch TCG’s 60 to 90 minute educational sessions at the following OSCPA Spring events:
May 19 – Dayton Accounting Show
- Sinclair Community College
May 24 – Columbus Spring CPE Conference
- Crowne Plaza Columbus North
May 26 – Youngstown CPE Day
- Youngstown State University – Williamson College of Business Building
May 27 – Cleveland Spring CPE Conference
- Doubletree Cleveland-South – Independence, Ohio
June 20 – Akron Spring CPE Conference
- Hilton Akron Fairlawn
To learn more about the Research Tax Credit, contact TCG at http://taxcreditsgroup.com/contact-us/ or at (440) 331-0714.