Free Webinar: How Tax Reform Impacts the Research & Development Tax Credit
Date: Thursday January 25, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. EST
Duration: 30 Minutes
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (JCTA) was signed into law on Dec. 22, 2017, preserving the IRC Sec. 41 Research and Development tax credit.
As a means to simplify the tax code, the JCTA has eliminated or greatly diminished the value of many other common credits and incentives that businesses have learned to rely upon. As such, taxpayers and tax preparers alike have more reason than ever to look toward the R&D tax credit as one of the primary tax planning strategies still available.
On January 25, 2018, members of Tax Credits Group will offer a complimentary 30 minute webinar session to provide insight into the new opportunities and issues that the JCTA creates for taxpayers looking to claim the research credit in 2018 and beyond.
During this webinar session, attendees will learn the following:
- Which aspects of the IRC Sec. 41 research credit remain unchanged
- The impact of Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) changes on corporations and individuals
- The impact of Net Operating Loss limitation changes
- The impact on changes to capitalization and required amortization of R&D Expenses
- An understanding of the additional changes to the tax law that will likely drive further R&D activity and interest in the credit
We hope you can join us for this important update session.